Tuesday 20 August 2013

Woman You Rock - Stephanie Fleary - Author, Educator and Business Woman



Today is the 20th August 2013 and South Afrika is still celebrating women and I am embracing the celebrations with both arms.  I have met and come across awesome women out there and I will be celebrating some of them throughout this month.  Today I celebrate a woman who is an amazing soul and when I came across her, my heart skipped a beat.  I had a purpose crush on her because I knew that our purposes sing a similar melody. We found each other after I wrote the #Dear Black man open letter - it turns out she has written a book on the same tangent.  It's a pleasure interviewing Stephanie Fleary.

Me: Please describe yourself in five words?
Stephanie: Spiritual, motivated, strong-willed, creative and fun-loving

Me: Where were you born and what do you love about your country?
Stephanie: I was born in NY, USA but my family originates from Grenada in the West Indies. I love that in America I am surrounded by diversity and creativity with endless opportunities. As a "spice girl" with Grenadian values, I love the love of family and loyalty instilled in me by my parents.

Me: Your most fondest memory?
Stephanie: Giving birth to my now 6yr. old son


Me: Your top five books?
Stephanie: Other than my book I would have to say:
1. Bible (NIV) 
2. "Woman Thou Art Loosed" by TD Jakes,
3."Think and Grow Rich" by Napolean Hill, 
4.Act Like a Lady Think Like Man by Steve Harvey 
5. The Law of Attraction by Michael J. Losier


Me: What are you passionate about?
Stephanie: I am passionate about empowering and healing women and their families

Me: What does it mean to be a Woman?
Stephanie: Being a woman means to be a foundation. Having the ability to balance the love for herself and her family. To love and nurture and provide the needs and wants of her loved ones without losing the passion and drive to live out her own dreams. She understands the power God has in her life and allows Him to guide her footsteps in order to live more abundantly.


Me: When did you discover that you are a writer?
Stephanie: I knew I was a writer in the 5th grade and gained a love for grammar. I discovered that writing allows all my thoughts and feelings to be clear and understood by others.
Me: How did you harness your writing skills?
Stephanie: I harnessed my skills through life experiences, trial and error. As an educator I've always been exposed to writing whether writing papers or grading them to reading or being read to.


Me: Have you written a book yet and if yes, what is the book titled?
Stephanie: "Dear Black Man-Letters From Your Strong Black Woman"
Me: What inspired you to write that book?
Stephanie: As an empowerment facilitator and teacher, I have worked with many women whose stories have gone untold. So I decided to combine some of my own experiences with theirs to create a book of poetic letters written to black men.


Me: Please tell us more about all the projects you are involved in?
Stephanie: My company is called Empowered Stilettos LLC which is a personal development company specializing in hosting events that uplift and empower women. I spend a lot of time coordinating events like fashion shows, empowerment workshops, brunches, networking events, Soca aerobics classes and much more. I take pride in connecting businesses owned by women helping others to advance their passions.


Me: How do you deal with challenges that come with being part of these projects?
Stephanie: It can be challenging to manage teaching, conducting dance classes as a performing arts director, being a mother as well as empowerment facilitator but I find writing to ironically aid in those challenges. I learned that "writing crystallizes thought and crystaillzed thought motivates action". The more I write my short and long term goals the easier it is to balance my time and energy.


Me: What drives you so much to empower women?
Stephanie: My failures drive me to empower women because my motto is that if I can "empower the life of one to empower the life of many" I can start a chain of positivity. I don't want women to settle for less than they deserve.

Me: Who inspires you and why?
Stephanie: My mentor John W. Carter inspires me because as a legendary life coach he saw greatness in me before I knew I had it and without hesitation he stood by me and encouraged me to follow God's plan. I am also greatly inspired by my son because I see the greatness in him which he hasn't seen yet so everyday he unknowingly pushes me to be better so I can be a better mother to him.

Me: What are your thoughts on relationships?
Stephanie: I believe that relationships follow the law of attraction. Whoever you are with at this moment in time is exactly who you are supposed to be because something in you attracted that person whether it be to teach you a lesson or for you to love and cherish for the rest of your life. Relationships are the foundation of society, everything starts with a relationship whether it be friendly, business, family or love.


Me: What can you say to a woman who is looking for the one, what should they do to get him?
Stephanie: Stop looking! Women spend too much time looking for a man instead of spending the time preparing herself for him. Become the woman of the man you so desperately want to attract and because of the law he will find you.


Me: What are your thoughts on business and marriage - can a woman who wants to marry get into business?
Stephanie: Absolutely. A woman is capable to doing it all. She just needs to understand balance. She also needs to be sure that her husband understands the need for her to pursue her passions and is able to be supportive of her success without feeling less of a man. It would be her job to pursue her passion, sustain a healthy household and be sure her husband is secure with her endeavors.

Me: Best advise you have ever received?
Stephanie: Be the kind of woman that when you wake up every morning, the devil is infuriated at the success that lies ahead of you.
Wow - thank you for taking the time to share so much of yourself, I wish you the best in all your hands finds to do.

Feel free to check out the Dear Black Man book trailer on YouTube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlJzs-Zd4zI

No comments:

Post a Comment