Tuesday 6 August 2013

A note on inner beauty

I am a big advocate for self-love and I only wish that people understood the power in loving thyself.  I understand that God first loved me, and He is love and He said how can I love another if I do not love myself first.  So what that means is that it is near impossible to love others unless you love yourself.

We tend to try and seek contentment from the way we appear.  This is often very difficult since most of the time, we are not really 100% satisfied with what we look like, so if outer appearance is the bar that is set for fulfillment, then we are running a formula that is not sustainable.

When you are satisfied on the inside, then it is easier to accept many things about you, even that kiss kiss that you know you can do nothing about to unkiss.  Most of you know that I run the organisation Soul Ova and its main purpose is to assist the individual to deal with their shortcomings and to discover themselves in a new light.  We recently ran a makeover competition and the sole purpose of it was to promote inner beauty.  It was also to see if any self development and inner growth has anything to do with what we look on the inside.


I will share some pictures of what went down on that day, but for a detailed report of the competition please visit :

http://www.soulova.co.za/?page_id=21
 and
https://www.facebook.com/GorgeousityInMe

Photography is the beauty of life, captured. - Tara Chisholm

“Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart.”
Kahlil Gibran


“Outer beauty attracts, but inner beauty captivates.”
Kate Angell

I know my best angles.”
Scarlet Johannson

“Happiness and confidence are the prettiest things you can wear”
Taylor Swift

“As if you were on fire from within.

The moon lives in the lining of your skin.”
Pablo Neruda

Our winner's special Poem from Mr Judge


No comments:

Post a Comment