Tuesday 6 August 2013

Woman you Rock - Dipolelo Morake ( A 17 year old with purpose)

In my first installment of  Woman you Rock, I speak to Dipolelo Morake, a 17 year old scholar from Meadowlands in Soweto who inspires me greatly.  Her passion and love for words blow me away.  I caught up with Dipolelo as she shared a bit of herself with me.  I am truly honoured to be celebrating her in the month of women in South Afrika. She is clearly - the future.






Please describe Dipolelo to me?
Dipolelo is an outspoken young woman with very big dreams e.g... being a Nurse(even though people don't understand why; but she believes she can make a huge difference in the nursing field) 
She is an extrovert and outgoing, she likes to believe that she is independent, loving & very confident.
Her strengths are being able to work with others & expressing herself through poetry,singing and debating
 

What do you see your life like in 10 years?
In ten years I see myself having my own recording label because I love music - hip pop in particular.I see myself specializing in Trauma, having my own book which I'm working on right now.  I will be living in a mansion in Soweto that time. Basically, I want to bring Sandton to Soweto baby!!! I also want drive the latest Range Rover ride. If it is God's will I want to have 2 kids and a husband who has a dream just like me.

Who is your female role model and why?
My female role model is Malebo Gololo and the strange thing is that I don't know why, I just can't seem to put my finger on it. There is just something about her that triggers me. She is feisty and outspoken and the most crucial thing for me is that SHE HAS A DREAM!!!!

What is it that you look for in a mentor?
Someone who is a dreamer and who has vision.  I must also be able to see that they do not only dream but work hard to fulfill those dreams.  Someone who is humble and selfless and works in the community to add some of what she has learned to others.  She must also be very beautiful inside and out.

What do you wish women leaders could do more for your young girls to help you succeed?
Not make it difficult for us to access them for help.  Its very difficult because some women who we look up to are so busy and do not take the small time out to teach us the small things



What do you think of the education system in our country?
Well, the education system is quite not satisfactory because...I mean like 3O% pass rate! That's like encouraging the youth to settle for less and not unleash their inner potential.

Do you feel that the education you are receiving at school is fair and enough?
Now that I am in Matric, I believe that the education I am receiving now is fair and more than enough as compared to the other grades because in Matric we have supplementary classes on Saturday and Sunday morning and afternoon classes.  I believe that it's fair and more than enough. I do wish that they would also do more for the other grades

What could the government do better to improve the education system?
The government could at least change the pass rate to 5O%. They should enforce discipline in schools because like really - school kids are out of order so a firm and hard hand could do some good in schools...#just saying

I know you love writing, who taught you how to write?
The person that taught me to write is my primary teacher Mam Blonde...ncaaah God bless that woman.

Can you share a poem or a story you have written with us please?
I am going to share a very simple poem I just wrote now inspired by seeing two people break up, I hope that you will enjoy it


I wish by D.Morake
I wish I was as important to you as you are important to me
I wish you loved me as much as I love you
I wish you talked about me as much as I talk about you
I wish you thought about me as much as I think about you
I wish you missed me as much as I miss you
I wish I was your all as much as you are my all
And lastly, I wish you would take time off your busy schedule and read this because I believe this is the only way I can get through you.

 Thank you so much Dipolelo - we wish you the best in your Matric year and all your future endeavors 


No comments:

Post a Comment