Monday 11 August 2014

Woman You Rock - Young and Spiritually Inspired by Bulelwa Mpinda


Women who do not sit and allow situations to defeat the nation truly inspire me.  Bulelwa recently profiled me on her Mentor Mondays feature on a platform that she runs. She has tons of vision and is a change agent for such a time as this. I am extremely honoured to have had the opportunity to share her with you. Please enjoy 


Me: Please describe yourself in five words?
Bulelwa:
Introvert
God fearing
Driven
Writer
Open minded

Me: Where were you born and what do you love about your country?

Bulelwa: I was born in Durban. What i truly treasure about South Africa is the diverse nationality in the country, because we learn varied lessons from each and every nationality and have learned to respect and love each other beyond race, colour , culture, and religions.

Me: What is your fondest memory?

Bulelwa: One of my fondest memories would be when i travelled to England to experience a different country abroad, one thing about me I love to observe different ways of loving and how people treasure life and relate to each other.

Me: Top five books you have read?
Bulelwa:
Coconut by kopano Matlwa
Adventist Home by Ellen G White
The lady, the lover and her Lord by Td jakes
Significance by Vincent Mafu
Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers

Me: What do you think is the biggest issue facing young women in South Africa today?

Bulelwa: I strongly believe we still need to build a conducive environment where woman can be free and not judged to state their rape cases. Where they won’t be belittled, we need to also council families in how to handle cases of their children who have been raped too many times we feel that the woman will carry on with life yet she is silenced with emotional death and slowly builds a grave for herself where her self-esteem is wounded and most cases she thinks that the way of living is the recurring abuse and even takes all forms of abuse, so as a country we need to open platforms where families are educated. Greater to the extent  of our churches because the wounded are in our church pews crying in different ways, of immoral dress, hatred for men, giving themselves more to men ,breaking marriages, I deal with a lot of young woman and the stories that come to me are woman who have been bruised and all our country needs is united woman who are placed in a forum that will heal their wounded souls, devise programmes that will deal in showing the greater essence of their true being, too many woman are crying and all they have are the scars and silence.  I love the quote by the late Dr Maya Angelou “EACH TIME A WOMAN STANDS UP FOR HERSELF, WITHOUT KNOWING IT POSSIBLY, WITHOUT CLAIMING IT, SHE STANDS UP FOR ALL WOMAN”

[The wounds of the past are often buried in woman who have found it so easy to seek attention from the opposite sex, the wound of the past are found in the sugar daddies supplying for our young ones because the daddies have gone missing, the wounds of the past are found in woman trading sex for attention thinking its love, the wounds of the past has had all woman fashionably dressed up yet spiritually barren ,the wounds of the past have men running into church for their drug called woman ,it’s all part of the list bets have been played forget tithing for my ransom lies in the flesh, wounds of the past has men tattooing their fists on woman passing on their insane legacy of the family, like father like son]-B Mpinda

Me: As a young woman making strides in South Africa, what has been your greatest achievement thus far?

Bulelwa: My greatest achievement has been finding my purpose and it helping me to start Young and Spiritually Inspired, that for me has been the greatest growing achievement, I could name a lot yet this for me is the core root for everything that has happened and that is going to happen, staying on purpose opens gates to the seasons of elevation and the greatest achievement is knowing that you’ve opened the right gate and walked into the right path.

Me: What are your thoughts on mentorship?

Bulelwa: I am a growing product of mentorship each and every woman and man should find themselves a mentor aligned to their purpose, it is very vital to be guided by those who have walked the steps of your journey proverbs 13:20 supports the mentorship basis. Mentorship programmes should be introduced at schools whereby the child at high school level is aligned to what he/she will venture into after Matric, where during the holidays children could be going to work with their mentors. I believe it also can limit the vast gap years that are happening due to lack of direction. Mentors should be consistent with their mentees, that impact of the time you give to your mentee boosts their esteem in acknowledging that they too are worthy and can achieve far greater, and mentees should always know that they need to jump in faith and actions to reach for their destiny and impart the same wisdom they’ve received from their mentor to someone it’s a cycle of humility to pass what you know with love. I am because, you are, UBUNTU.

Me: Tell us more about YSI?

 

Bulelwa: YOUNG AND SPIRITUALLY INSPIRED is a teenagers and young spiritual adult’s empowerment organisation, We empower young lives with the holistic approach encompassing the socio-economic, emotional intelligence, spiritual guidance and knowledge empowerment facets. The primary objective of the organisation is to develop high-end leadership talent of young males and females. This a forum of young people who  are united to say  WE ARE CALLED FOR A HIGHER STANDARD OF LIVING that being the slogan for YSI, this is a call to the youth that you can make a difference with what you have to impact the world not for fame yet for significance, we are powerful beyond measure. If we stand together as the youth to try eradicate the injustice that is happening in this country further on to do it worldwide, to say we are liberated today because we are permitted to make a difference and make our voices be heard and advancing spiritual mentorship .Redress existing injustices and bring about change of image and self-perception among  the youth of our country in how the perceive spiritual matters, we aim to should the world that it is possible to be in Christ. To create an effective Forum for young people across Africa that will fairly articulate the needs of young women and teenagers in all sectors of the economy and society at large.


Me: Why did you start YSI?

Bulelwa: When I started Young and Spiritually Inspired, I was at a phase where every door seemed shut, I wanted to rush into a career which was not aligned with my purposes, and I’ve always been a writer, I use to write poems in my small scrap book and bring in them to church and some of my church mates would read them, I even composed songs that they sang. I never really took to account that is where my fulfilment lies after matric when all doors shut, God then said Buli you have that one thing that is the gift of words, I took it very lightly so I started  a page on facebook and after I saw how it impacted people that moved me to say this is it, this is me and has always been me, and  it makes more sense now because I have a story to share ,I was adopted at the age of 3years and I  never knew my biological parents from birth and God gave me a family so grounded in God and that has been my calling to inspire people that beyond where you come from and what happened to you ,you can RISE ABOVE ALL. Your hardest battle gives birth to your greatest victory and this is it seeing people liberated from emotional wounds, emancipated from life’s hurts and to stand together and talk about our trials as treasures of lessons.

Me: What fulfilment do you receive from YSI?

Bulelwa: The more I speak life into someone, the more I heal myself from past wounds , past tragedies. Inspiring people has been my antidote and I never knew it till the day it dawned that my purpose would be my remedy and would medicate other people and help them advance in leadership , in their moral paths and have them climb the elevator of the spirituality in prayer.

Me: With your experience, what word of advice would you give young woman who are struggling to find their calling?

Bulelwa: I would say to that woman stop looking around yet above. Many times we are trying to solve our own equations yet I believe it all starts with our genesis; you need to allow GOD to direct you.  Your purpose is that very thing that when you don’t have money, your car, house, anything yet you still feel whole and still pursue it beyond the odds and when you find it ,start with what you have, start now and celebrate basement beginnings ,applaud yourself.

Me: Who has been your greatest influence?

Bulelwa: Candy Lindsey now known as Candy Moyo, she is one woman who has constantly checked up on me, to the extent one time when we lost contact how she got my numbers to this day I don’t know yet she’s been a constant aura of hope.

Me: What has been the best advice you have ever received?

Bulelwa: LET NONE DEFINE YOU.

Me: What are the main virtues you live by?
Bulelwa:
Exellence-I truly believe in giving off the best of what you can take yourself. Never offer anything lower than you can take, don’t tolerate mediocrity.

Commitment- when you commit to something, you are saying you are aligned to that vision and are willing to advance it so it reaches its full potential

Faith- knowing God has already approved all things that are coming to me aligned to my purpose and having the faith to know it’s made possible by Him.

Consistency-keep pursuing the same thing till it comes running to you #purpose

Love-love heals

Forgiveness-Let go and let God

“When people show you who they are the first time, believe them”-Maya Angelou
“You can have it all, but not all at once”-Oprah Winfrey
“People don’t know what they want until you show them”



Me: If people need more information about your projects, where can they get hold of you?
Bulelwa:
Facebook page: Young and spiritually inspired by Bulelwa Mpinda
Twitter: @ysi_bm
Instagram:@Team_ysi
                  Email: bulelwa@teamysi.co.za




No comments:

Post a Comment