Monday 18 August 2014

Woman You Rock - Look and Feel and you will experience greatness - Nomonde

I have never met a more Bold and Courageous woman than my sister Nomonde. Her life is pure inspiration and gives hope to all those around her. Like a flower in the middle of winter she is proof that miracles still do happen. I caught up with her amidst her busy schedule. Be inspired
  

Me: Please describe yourself in five words?
Nomonde: Brave , go getter , a believer 

Me: What  do you love about your country?
Nomonde: I've come to realize how small South Africa is and how it feels like a big family. I'm loving how SA is transitioning from its teens to adulthood , it's growth amazes me everyday. I love our weather never too extreme compared to other countries and most of all ,how far we've come post apartheid ....
  
Me: Top five books you have read?
Nomonde: I am a self proclaimed philosopher lol,so my top five would be ,
 *The Power of Now by Eckart Tolle
 *A New Earth by Eckart Tolle
 *The Alchemist by Paulo Coelo
 *The Break Through Experience by Dr John Dermartini
 *Eat Love Pray by Elizabeth Gilbert 

Me: Who are you and how do you spend your time?

Nomonde: I am a daughter , a mother and a sister, I am searching for God everywhere! I'm in search of ME . I'm on my journey on finding out my ultimate Purpose! I Love self development and developing peoples images, I love singing and I am now in an amazing band playing African music in the Big Apple New York! I'm perfecting my self and my brand every single day! 

Me: In your experience as a woman in this country, what is the significance of women's month in South Africa?
Nomonde: For me, women in South Africa have gone through so many strengthening challenges and have succeeded in becoming one voice, on what should be and their rights as women . They have gone to achieve greatness in their own individual identities as apart from being wives and mothers. They have truly become a force to be reckoned with and this is growing rapidly among generations. Knowing how we come from a very oppressive time, makes me marvel at the power of choice and perseverance ..

Me: What are some of the challenges you have faced in life that you have overcome?
Nomonde: Oh my Lawd! Having grown up in a systematic environment, rules placed onto your life on what you should become and how to achieve it, plans and trails to follow, I found myself overwhelmed and intimidated by the expectations of "life" . I found myself struggling to live by the rules and keeping up! I was never the perfect daughter and found myself constantly in trouble with 'expectation of me' I went further and further away from the norm and societies 'correct' way of living , I had my son at 17 then I eventually was declared a failure... I was involved in an extremely abusive relationship with a man I then adored! To me abuse was normal and was a sign of passion and love, little did I know of how much it was taking of me from the little me that was left. By the end of that tragedy of a relationship I was left empty! The only great thing about that state I was in , was that no more could be lost cause I was all out, now the point is, if there's nothing left to lose , I could only gain now! Then began my search for my own validation, there grew an impeccable love and protection of self! I grew an amazing desire to better my self in every way. I had nothing and know one to help me on this journey but GOD! I mean who else could really help me but my creator. He had to help me re- create myself and so my sensitivity to listening and HEARING God had to be priority!

Me: How have you overcome them?
Nomonde: God! He has taken me by the hand and guided me everywhere . He has been everything! He has helped me become self sufficient in every way and area of my life! 

Me: What is the philosophy you live by and how has it changed over the years?
Nomonde: Everything Must Change! Impermanence ! I used to think if something is yours it will never leave, being a relationship, job , house , car etc.... In my growth I have become so 'in tune' with life and the universe and that you will always see change gradually happening and that it's up to the observer to identify the process as good/ bad ! 

Me: What makes a woman successful?
Nomonde: Self belief and God awareness will take you far! If you've tried everything! And it still didn't work! TRY your creator who knows you better than any challenge !

Me: Have you always wanted to become an Entrepreneur?
Nomonde: Yeah... Lack of Sufficient schooling made it easier to decide, I knew that becoming a lawyer was lovely and society would think well of me and that it will add to my confidence but my journey and purpose had something different for me! Pushing myself and challenging myself and being my own boss in my own way became my only choice...

Me: Tell us more about your business and why you started it?

Nomonde: Self development was my main goal and I realized the challenges I had with my healing process on how to not show that I was going through stuff or that I was overcoming stuff! I do image transformation and styling ... I am an image consultant...

Me: Why the move to the USA?
 Nomonde: I moved to the USA because I felt the need to get a bigger dose of inspiration ! There's something about the spirit of abundance that I needed to acquire and have that I identified on my first visit to New York. I wanted to really get motivated and become more of me! Push myself and rise up to the doors of opportunity! I desire BE an international brand!

Me: Any words of advice for women who feel it's too late to live their dreams?
Nomonde: It's not late until the fat lady sings!!!! Lol! Seriously though, the only person who has a right to put a time frame on you dreams and your knowings, is YOU! Society will always go on and on , on why you shouldn't ! Dare to believe them and make them right ,you'll be putting your own nail to your own coffin !

Me: Who is your biggest influence?
Nomonde: Universal Laws... My son Buhle

Me: What has been the best advise you have ever received?
Nomonde: By focusing on your past , you hold your destiny hostage...

Me: What are the main virtues you live by?
Nomonde: Not to stir up trouble for anyone. Live your own life for yourself.

Me: If people need more information about your projects, where can they get hold of you? 


No comments:

Post a Comment