Monday 22 July 2013

3 Shades of Red

Gyneth Paltrow said it when she said: "Beauty, to me, is about being comfortable in your own skin.  That, or a kick-ass red lipstick." Now if you know me, you will know that I enjoy a good striking shade of lipstick, otherwise known to me as "reclips" - you know, the one that stands out.  I love my reclips and I have been gifted with not so small pair of lips and many have said that reclips is not for those who are gifted in the lips department, wait - the worst myth of all time is that reclips does not work on darker skinned ladies.  Well then that is just too bad because no myth is going to stop me from using my reclips



The day I discovered reclips was the best day of my entire life.  I attended an Afrikan Diaspora conference in London in 2010 and I came across so mant beautiful dark toned ladies rocking serious red reclips and for me it was just the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.  I wondered why I had never given this a shot - but of course, we were always told that reclips is for the other people and not for us.  I remember not being able to contain myself at one seminar and I couldn't wait to hit the streets of London to get myself a lovely red reclips. 

I was fascinated by my new discovery which caused me to read up on everything reclips and how to rock the perfect shade.  In 2012, we hosted a Gorgeousity in Me event and Carol Moabelo was the lovely trusted Make Up expert who agreed to come and share some make up knowledge with the ladies and I will never forget this amazing piece of advise "daring and bold coloured reclips look good on everyone so don't be afraid to try it."


My lip care collection

I always say its important that you seek expert advise when purchasing make up, I am a serious MAC and REVLON fan and after a long time of experimenting, I have found the perfect shades that are always in my make up bag. 

I have 3 shades of lipstick and I use 2 types of lipgloss. The one lipgloss is for moisturising my lips before I apply my lipstick and the other one is for the days I do not put my lipsticks on.
From Left: Revlon Colourbust Lipstick - Fuschia, Revlon Colourbust Lipstick - Coral, MAC MATTE Lipstick - Ruby Woo and of course my moisturising lipgloss
  
Coral Revlon Lipstick for the GIM Makeover Shoot
 

Coral Revlon Lipstick with Lighting
It's very important that you know how and when to rock these amazing shades.  It's also important to remember if you are going to focus on your eyes - go easy with the lips especially since they are glossy, for the lipstick to stay longer, try putting on a layer of lipstick - put a tissue over your lips, tap with some loose powder and then put on another layer, do this 2-3 times and you will see that your lipstick will last longer

 
Fuschia Revlon Lipstick
 
If you have a killer smile - lipstick is your best friend

MAC - Ruby Woo MATTE lipstick












And finally, my favourite - The MAC MATTE lipstick - this I wear if I feel like making a statement.  I feel I can wear this colour even if I have made a huge statement with my eyes, it just works.  You can rock it anywhere and anyhow.
Olga wearing MATTE Ruby Woo and I am wearing Fuschia Revlon
 
What ever you do, make sure that you are comfortable in your own skin and that you love what you are wearing.  Lipstick is definitely a girl's best friend in my opinion.  Try out some colours and let me know how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment