Monday 6 January 2014

Just do it


If there is anyone who obsesses on planning and strategising, thinking things through before implementing, it is me.  Although it is good to analyse and think things through, we must be wise enough to know when to draw the line.  Being the perfectionist I am, in the past, I used to self-sabotage myself by over-thinking to a point that I would withdraw from doing something only because I was afraid of failure.  I would come up with every excuse possible why I could not implement what was meant to be, just so that I did not have to deal with the failure.

There is a scripture in the Bible which addresses three lepers who asked a very important question: ‘why sit here until we die’.  Many people are just comfortable with over-thinking and over planning up to a point where you never see the fruits of their thoughts.  Some go around from church to church, from conference to conference collecting inspiration and challenges but have no bone to act
The cowardice stops here.

Quickly run to the mirror, look at yourself and repeat after me ‘Just do it’

No comments:

Post a Comment