Saturday 5 October 2013

I stopped aging when I was 16

When I discovered self-love, my world took a complete turn.  It is amazing how self-image issues can literally mess you up.  self-image issues have the ability to lie to you and make you believe that you can never ever live your best life.  I remember once upon a time where I had issues with the person I was on the outside, and funny enough, I hear and I am an advocate of inner beauty but someway somehow, if you still have issues with your outside, it will in turn affect the way you view yourself within.  So it seem like its a reciprocal relationship, one cannot survive without the other, you constantly need to make sure that you are working both angles simultaneously and keeping a balanced angle or one will suffer because of the other. Its almost like this phenomenon or craze that has taken over the world of "feminism" - where people think that patriarchy only damaged females so they only focus on the female species to bring about gender equality, meanwhile no matter how much you fix the female, its an injustice to leave the male out as it makes for an unequal equation (mmmm...I must remember to blog about this)

My issues have been mainly around my body image.  It is so intriguing that even at my skinniest, I have always believed that I am obese.  Going through the yesteryear pictures have brought some solace into mine soul. Today when I look at myself in the mirror, I see the person who is looking at it with no imaginary flaws. I see what I am and yes, I may not be where I want to be physically, but I have taken ownership of my life and love myself wholeheartedly. If I feed this oral fixation issue of mine, then I will remain just a little bit overweight. If I do what I have to do (exercise, eat healthy, live a fun life) then I will get where I want to get physically.  But its clear from these pictures that I stopped aging at age 16, I guess for now; I just mature with the years.

There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. When you learn to tap this source, you will truly have defeated age.”
Sophia Loren



No comments:

Post a Comment